Latest News and Views
- Practical Experience for Doctors in Training: An Interview with Filip Pajak
- Electronic Physician Journal Supports the World Biology and Genetics Congress (BGC 2016)
- Electronic Physician Journal Supports the International Congress of Diseases and Health Outcomes Registry and National Congress of Medical Informatics; February 2017
- Positive steps we have taken for our journal
- Preliminary announcement: Partnership of Electronic Physician Journal with International Conference of Medical Informatics and Computational Medicine
- Back to Nature in the future: Homeopathy (an interview with Dr. Kudret Parpar)
- National Library of Medicine (NLM) report on the quality of Electronic Physician Journal: Quality of basic research (Good), Authors-Institutions (Excellent), Peer Review (Good), Publication Quality (Good), Ethics Policy (High)
- Editors of Electronic Physician Journal will speech in Algeria; Publication Ethics, Evaluation of Quality of Scholarly Journals, Scientific Writing, Social Medicine and Health Sciences: September 2016
- International Conference on Health Sciences and Medical Technologies (ICHSMT’16): Tlemcen, Algeria 27-29 September 2016
- Effects of classical music and preferred music on mental health: an interview with Dr. Miranda Yeoh
How to publish in Electronic Physician and other peer reviewed journals
A large percentage of the manuscripts that are submitted to academic journals for publication are rejected because the manuscripts are poorly written. This column (Road to Academic Excellence) presents some of the well written papers of Electronic physician. Some of the articles in this column are educational article on scientific writing; and others are great samples of articles in format of "Original Articles", "Systematic Reviews", "Meta Analyses", "Case Reports", "letter to-Editors", and other common types of scientific papers.
Featured articles of the "Road to Academic Excellence"
(Click on the title of each article to access the abstract and full-text PDF):
Description: This paper provides a new and step by step approach for writing a good structured abstract for original articles.
Description: This is a great sample of "Meta Analysis". Meta Analyses are among our preferred review articles and have a good chance of publishing in this journal. We recommend our authors preparing their Meta Analyses using a similar approach.
Description: This is a great sample of "Systematic Review Article". Systematic Reviews are among our preferred review articles and have a good chance of publishing in this journal. We recommend our authors preparing their Systematic Reviews using a similar structure.
Description: This is a great sample of "Original article presenting a new product, a software here". Original articles that present the methodology of creating new products and software are among our preferred articles and have a good chance of publishing in this journal.
Description: This is a great sample of "Case Report Article", especially the approach used by author for organizing different parts of this article. We recommend our authors preparing their case reports using a similar approach.
Description: This is an educational article on the publication ideas of case reports. The author categorized the case report articles into four main types. If your case fits in each of the four categories, then you should go for writing a case report article from your case study research. This article was written specifically for medical case reports, but the ideas that are presented in the article are applicable to case studies in other fields of science, such as psychology, educational science, and social science.
Description: This paper focuses on some standard procedures for writing the three most common types of academic papers, i.e., traditional review articles, original articles, and case reports. Read more.
Description: We believe this article is an exemplary sample of a special type of scientific articles: Autoethnography. Hence we believe that the method the authors followed in organizing and presenting the article is commendable, thus recommended for other qualitative approach researchers in preparing and subsequently penning down their autoethnography.
Submit your educational articles to the column "Road to Academic Excellence":
Educational articles on different aspects of Scientific writing, Research methodology, Research design, Publication ethics, Research ethics, and ideas on converting research to publication are welcomed. Please click here to submit manuscript.